Monday 14 June 2010

Intensive weeks!

Puuhh… it has been some pretty intensive weeks but is there a light at the end of the tunnel over there? The last weeks has included, work, fever, training and some shopping. :-)



My Knees
After my Italian trip I caught some type of a virus which resulted in one week without training. I really hate when that happened, it make me so stressed! I also investigated my knees with ultrasound and the result came back with “No injures on the knee tendon, but with some small irregularity on the bone.” It means that I can trainee but to mitigate the risk to get it worse in the future a couple of new custom made sole for the foot. This is just the opposite too the “Toe Shoe philosophy” but it’s too close to the race for me to change philosophy now! :-)




Premiere outdoor swimming!
Yep, I had my premiere of outdoor swimming and used my Orca S2. It was nice to overcome the mental barrier of swimming in cold water. It was somewhere between 13-15 degrees and it wasn’t that cold! When I first entered the water I thought I was going to freeze to death but after a while it felt pretty good. I was just swimming for 25 minutes but that was enough to just prove to myself it is doable.



Shopping
One of many question is what to wear and what to bring. Jonas and I had some chats regarding tactics and my believe is the less the better. Another question is what to wear on your feet. I bought “Adidas Adizero XT mens” and they feel great. I have tried them a couple of times and yesterday I did a 130 minutes trail running almost no tracks and a lot of up and down hill. It’s so nice with some charleyhorse in my calfs today.


Here is a map on my last run:
http://www.funbeat.se/tracks/index.aspx?RouteID=415544


//Pontus

No comments:

Post a Comment